The study in Singapore:
Singapore Education is a multi-government agency initiative launched by the Singapore Government to establish and promote Singapore as a premier education hub and help international students make an informed decision on studying in Singapore.
This initiative is led by the Singapore Economic Development Board and supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, SPRING Singapore and the Ministry of Education.
Tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living in Singapore is still significantly lower than of many developed countries. With Singapore’s tradition of meritocracy, talented students who need financial assistance can find the help they need in form of scholarships, bursaries and study loans.
Why study in the Top Colleges in Singapore?
1. Hub of education excellence: In an environment that is inspiring and conductive education, Singapore provides a high quality of teaching and research. More than 16 international universities have their campuses in Singapore.
2. Affordable quality education: Tuition fees are affordable in Singapore and still significantly lower than many of the developed countries.
3. Infrastructure: Singapore is well connected via sea, air, and telecommunication to all parts of the world.
4. Global business hub: Singapore is consistently acknowledged to be a global business hub with its developed infrastructure, political stability, and open business policy. More than 7000 MNC alongside 100000 small and medium enterprises have set up their base in Singapore with many choosing Singapore as their regional hub and launch pad to dynamic market of Asia.
5. Vibrant and cosmopolitan environment: Singapore may seem like a small dot on the world map, but the island state bustles all over with attractions and actives. The nation’s rich multicultural living together.
Intakes for Studying in Singapore
The major intakes of Singaporean top universities are August, September, and January
Entrance Exams for Studying in Singapore:
The Public University of Singapore requires SAT at the undergraduate level. And the MBA or other Masters course from the public university in Singapore would require GMAT or GRE depending upon the course.
However, the private universities of Singapore would require an IELTS / TOEFL which is optional if the student provides a Medium of Instruction letter (English) from his previous college.
Top 5 Colleges in Singapore:
1. National University Of Singapore – The National University of Singapore is Singapore’s oldest university. It is the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. The National University of Singapore was formed with the merger of the University of Singapore and Nanyang University in 1980.
2. Singapore Management University – Singapore Management University (SMU) is home to about 7,000 students and comprises six schools: the School of Accountancy; Lee Kong Chian School of Business; School of Economics; School of Information Systems; School of Law; and School of Social Sciences.
SMU offers six bachelor’s degree programmes in Accountancy, Business Management, Economics, Information Systems Management, Law, and Social Sciences; twelve Master’s programmes in Applied Economics, Applied Finance, Applied Finance (China), Business Administration,
Economics, Finance, Professional Accounting, Information Systems, IT in Business (Financial Services), Management, Operations Management, and Wealth Management; a Juris Doctor programme; and five Ph.D. programmes in Business (Finance), Business (Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources), global Diversity.
3. LASALLE College of the Arts – Founded by De La Salle educator, Brother Joseph McNally, LASALLE College of the Arts is a specialist tertiary institution leading contemporary arts education in fine art, design, media and performing arts in the Asia Pacific
LASALLE offers the most comprehensive range of 26 diploma and degree awards in design, fine arts, film, media arts, fashion, dance, music, theatre, art history, art therapy, and arts management in the region.
As an accredited institution of The Open University, the United Kingdom’s largest university, the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by LASALLE are benchmarked against the best universities in the UK, making them internationally recognized and equivalent to UK MA, BA (Hons) and DipHE qualifications.
4. Nanyang Technological University – Nanyang Technological University is an internationally reputed research-intensive tertiary institution. Its broad-based education covers science and technology, business and the arts, entrepreneurial and leadership skills to prepare students for the global working world.
Nanyang Technological Institute (NTI) was established on the same campus with government funding to educate practice-oriented engineers for the burgeoning Singapore economy.NTI became Nanyang Technological University with the absorption of the National Institute of Education. The alumni rolls of the former Nanyang University were transferred to NTU.
5. German Institute of Science & Technology – TUM Asia – Pioneering the globalization of German university education, TUM chose the Republic of Singapore as its strategic partner to initiate the first German academic venture abroad. German Institute of Science and Technology – TUM Asia
(“TUM Asia”) was established as a 100 % subsidiary of TUM, offering various joint master degree programmes in close collaboration with Singapore’s leading universities the National University of Singapore (“NUS”), the Nanyang Technological University (“NTU”) hence supported by numerous industry partners eg Infineon, Texas Instruments, Siemens. GIST-TUM Asia runs selective TUM Master and /or Bachelor of Science programmes
Popular courses in Top Colleges in Singapore for Undergraduate and Postgraduate
At the undergraduate’s level the popular courses are:
Business Programs (Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc)
At Postgraduates level, the popular courses are:
Masters in Business Administration
Masters in Finance
Masters in Hospitality and tourism
Masters in Information technology.
Singapore Student Visa process
The visa process of Singapore doesn’t involve any interviews or going to visa officers.
The visa application form is to be filled by the student and given to the university; the university applies for the student visas.
In this process, the student needs to fill visa form 16A and form 36. All the universities provide visa form to the student offer letter and the makes the 1st installment payment.
Usually, the scholarship is provided to the students with exceptional academic records.
There are private universities in Singapore who would conduct scholarship test in different parts of the world to offer a scholarship to potential and deserving students, based on their capabilities and skills.
Edwise International – Overseas Education Consultants
Start your Education in top colleges with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad in Singapore, from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program and what student is really all about!
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country but also to a life experience quite like no other.